A tongue tie (ankyloglossia) or restricted lingual frenulum can affect the function of your baby’s tongue making breast or bottle feeding difficult. A tongue tie cannot be diagnosed by appearance and a full oral assessment needs to take place to assess the function of your baby’s tongue alongside a postural assessment, feeding history and observation of a feed.
Symptoms of a tongue tie include:
For the mother
- sore/damaged nipples
- low milk supply
- over supply
For the baby
- frequent or very long feeds
- difficulty latching or slipping at the breast
- clicking and/or dribbling during feeds
- weight loss or slow weight gain
- excessive wind / fussiness
For more information please visit www.tongue-tie.org.uk/help-and-information-for-parents
Home visits or private clinic appointments
Home visits or private clinic appointments (Cookham SL6 9EH) for feeding support, tongue tie assessment and division (frenulotomy) include:
- Feeding support (breastfeeding, combination feeding or formula feeding) and tongue tie assessment
- Tongue tie division (if appropriate)
- Virtual support post appointment via phone, email or text.
- Feeding support, tongue tie assessment and division £185
- Feeding support and tongue tie assessment £110
- Follow up appointment (if requested) £75
A £50 deposit is required at the time of booking, which is non refundable. This will be deducted from the total fee payable for the appointment.
For further information or to make an appointment please contact Emily on 07946576439 or firstname.lastname@example.org
International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). Member of the Royal College of Nursing and Association of Tongue Tie Practitioners. Fully insured practitioner, regulated by the CQC through Private Midwives Ltd.